Other names: Vanderhorst Plantation
What: ?? August 1782 skirmish: *Capt. Capers vs. Capt. March
Where: 32.93243, -79.68626
Maps: [map notes]
- 32.93243,-79.68626, Vanderhorst Plantation. No other Vanderhorst plantation is found in the vicinity on either Cooks 1773 map or Mills 1820 map.
- ACME Mapper.
- National Map
- 32.8591, -79.9120, Daniel's Island.
- GNIS record for Daniel's Island, Berkeley Co. SC. Note mapping options.
- Snippet from Cook's 1773 map:
Shown approximately opposite Capers Island.
- Snippet from Mills Charleston 1820 map:
Shown approximately opposite Bull Island.
- William Dobien James, Life of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion, p.61. His scouting
parties still penetrated into St. Thomas' parish as far as Daniel's island and Clement's ferry.
- NBBAS:Four, p.81. Southeastern Berkeley County.
- Sherman's Calendar.... Ends before this date.
listing for White Hall (Vanderhorst Pl) ?? Aug 1782. Shown as Americans winning.
Confidence level: 1