What: Battle, MG Lincoln vs. Lt.Col. Maitland, 20 Jun 1779
Where: 32.75075, -80.16134 Stono Ferry
Maps: [map notes]
- Southern Campaigns of the American Revolution n/l, Vol.1 No. 4, pp. 7-20. Basis for site location.
- NBBAS:One. p. 291-299
- Edward McCrady, The History of South Carolina in the Revolution, 1775-1780, Chapter XVIII, p.382-391, 1902.
- Sherman, "Calendar...". Too early for this work. To avoid long downloads, use option to "Save and view this PDF in Reader".
- Jun 1776 listing. 6/16/1776 Stono Creek, Charlestown Bar. Draw.
- Jun 1777 listing. 6/14/1777 Stono Inlet. Draw.
- May 1779 listing.
5/20/1779 Mathew's Plantation. British victory.
5/23/1779 Stono River. Draw.
- Jun 1779 listing.
6/1/1779 13 Mile-House, Stono Ferry. Insufficient data.
6/20/1779 Stono Ferry. Draw.
6/1779 Mouth of the Stono River. Naval action. Draw
6/22 - 23/1779 Stanyarne's and Eveleigh's Plantation. American victory.
- Feb 1780 listing. 2/22/1780 Stono. American victory.
- Mar 1780 listing. 3/5/1780 Stono River. Draw.
Stono River (mouth),
Stono Ferry - Rattlesnake,
Submitted by: Patrick O'Kelley. Located by Patrick O'Kelley, based on SCAR article, above.
Confidence level: 5