Griffith Rutherford's grave.
Grave, Griffith Rutherford
Where: 36.40223 -86.41506, Griffith Rutherford's grave, somewhere in this area.
Maps: [map notes]
- Rutherford, Griffith (1731?-c1800)
Virtualology.com. Birth year given as 1731.
- NC historical highway marker L-41, was at one time reported missing. It said that Rutherford's home had been a few miles to the west.
The historical marker described
is/was located at or near z=17, n=3937097, e=539440.
- by Gary Rutherford Harding. Birth year given as 1721.
- Rutherford was approximately 49 years old in 1780, and was approximately 69
years old when he died (based on 1731?-c1800).
- Buried in the Old Shiloh Presbyterian Cemetery (that of the original church location which existed from 1793 until 1830). It is located east of Gallatin TN on the Hartsville Pike. It has been relocated in the local area twice since. It is somewhere in this area.
- Onsite search and gps mark is needed.
- Sherman's Calendar.... Search for rutherford. 69 returns, most are relevant
Rutherford, Griffith, 17, 21, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 121, 125, 127, 129-
134, 141, 142, 148, 150, 160, 161, 164, 165, 175, 179, 395, 432,
- Baxley: SCAR. Search for rutherford. 43 returns (through 9-2006), most are relevant.
Submitted by: John Robertson
Confidence level: 1