Grave of Henry William Harrington.
Where: 34.883797 -79.847002, Grave of Henry William Harrington
Maps: [map notes]
- From Haringtons.org:
B.Gen. Henry William Harrington, from Harringtons.org. Also, here.
inscription and mini-bio. Also, here. Source: General Henry William
and the Harrington Cemetary by Clark Cox - $2.50, Richmond County Luncheon
P.O. Box 1056, Rockingham, N.C. 28379 (1996)
from History of Old Cheraws, by Rev. Alexander Gregg. D.D. Also, here.
- From Rootsweb.com:
- Ref.s to Henry Wm. Harrington on
William Harrington Papers at University of NC, Summary.
- Several DAR
memberships based partially on descent from Gen. H.W. Harrington from "Duval
DAR Records". More here.
- Harrington one of seven commissioners to lay out Richmond County NC and its
county seat. From "A Brief History and Facts about Richmond County".
- Trustee of Univ.
of NC from its founding in 1789 to 1795. Some others were Hugh Williamson,
Richard Dobbs Spaight, William Richardson Davie, LL.D., and Joseph Graham.
- From Harringtons.org: Harrington Cemetery in bad shape in 1996.
- 34.864,-79.8371 location of NC Highway Historical Marker K28, as
marked by John V. Burns. Approximately 5½ miles s. of Rockingham NC on US 1,
just north of intersection with Road 1104 (Osborne Rd.), on right side of
HENRY WILLIAM HARRINGTON
—— • ——
Brigadier General of Militia 1776 - 81,
State Senator, & Commissioner to locate
State Capital. Grave one mile NW.
- Gravestone inscription, transcribed by John V. Burns.
Sacred to the Memory of|
General Henry William Harrington
A Native of the City of London
and a Distinguished Officer
in the American Army.
Who departed this life
on the 21st of March 1809.
In the 62nd year of his
- Sherman, "Calendar..." . Search for harrington. 50+ returns. To avoid long downloads, use option to "Save and view this PDF in Reader".
Confidence level: 5