Scape Whore Swamp.
What: Marion campsite, 1 March 1781
Other names:Escaped Whore Sw, Scape Cr, Scape Ore Cr, Scaped Hoar Cr.
Where: 34.056329, -80.277080, Scape Whore Swamp, arbitrary selection, location along stream unknown
Maps: [map notes]
- 34.056329,-80.277080, Scape Whore Swamp, near where most clearly named on Cook and Mouzon, arbitrarily selected
- ACME Mapper.
- National Map
- 33.0723931, -79.8831364, Scape Ore Swamp, source, based on GNIS data
- GNIS detail for Scape Ore Swamp. Note mapping options.
- Marion orderly book, Clarks Plantation on Scape hore 1 March 1781
- Found on Mouzon's 1775 map to east of High Hills.
- Found just to west of Salem (Black River) Church, mentioned by W.D. James.
- NBBAS:Three. Not found
- Sherman, "Calendar..." . Search for whore. . To avoid long downloads, use option to "Save and view this PDF in Reader".
- William Dobien James, Life of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion, Nothing found.
Related sites: Salem, Ratcliff's Bridge.
Submitted by: Patrick O'Kelley. Located by John Robertson.
Confidence level: 0