Grave of William Cunningham.
Where: 25.050010 -77.483309, William Cunningham's grave
Maps: [map notes]
- 25.050010 -77.483309, William Cunninghams's grave
- Google. Hybrid map will zoom in closely.
- Cunningham, William "Bloody Bill" (1756?-1787)
- from Phil
Norfleet's webpage. Southern Literary Journal and Magazine of Arts,
Vol. 4, No. 1, July 1838, pages 40-45. Also, found here (last article on page).
Cunningham died of natural causes in the West Indies.
- South Carolina Connections,
historical and traditional information on the Cunninghams, including William.
William's will provided. References for numbers shown in text.
- Cunningham was approximately 24 years old in 1780, and was approximately 31
when he died. William died in Nassau 18 January 1787.
- See "Biographical Sketch of the Career of
Major William Cunningham, of South Carolina" in "Online Texts" on this site.
Ward, George Atkinson, Southern Literary Messenger, Volume 12, Issue 9 &
10, September & October 1846
- "South Carolina Connections":
Death Notice from the Charleston Morning Post and Daily Advertiser: (1/30/1787)
NASSAU - Jan. 20, 1787, Thursday last, died here Major William Cunningham, formerly of the S.C. Royal Militia.
Basis for site selection. Coordinates for city of Nassau (Bahamas, New Providence) are used arbitrarily.
- Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names ® Online. Source of coordinates.
- Sherman, "Calendar..." . Search for William Cunningham. To avoid long downloads, use option to "Save and view this PDF in Reader".
Confidence level: 0