Grave of Charles Cornwallis.
Where: 25.55868,83.54580, Charles Cornwallis's grave
Maps: [map notes]
- 25.55868,83.54580, Charles Cornwallis's grave
- Mapquest. Map only appears on 6th from closest position.
- Google. Use satelite view, 2nd closest position. On map view, major road appears at 3rd closest view.
- WikiMapia. Great aerial view.
- Cornwallis, Charles (1738-1805)
- Tomb of Lord Cornwalis. Coordinates given as: 25°33'30"N 83°32'45"E . [25.558333, 83.545833]. This does not plot precisely on tomb as shown in Google aerial view.
- Ghazipur. Wikipedia.
- . Images of tomb from Ghazipur website no longer online, enhanced as possible.
- Better image of tomb.. Flickr.com. Click for larger view.
- Lord Cornwallis Tomb, Ghazipur. Platform of mausoleum is 12 feet high and 60 feet in diameter. From these dimensions, referring to 1819 "Design for a mausoleum..." and to the "Cornwallis Memorial #2" image, we can compare width to height and estimate that the mausoleum is 76 to 78 feet tall.
- From British Library Online Gallery (Click to see larger images):
- Sherman's Calendar.... Search for "cornwallis". 1056 returns, all relevant.
To avoid long downloads, use option to "Save and view this PDF in Reader".
Confidence level: 5