1779 Destroyed by Brodhead.
Where: 41.83568 -79.25740 Buckaloons
Maps: [map notes]
- Elvin Birth, The 1779 Western Campaigns, Raleigh: 2003, privately published, "Journals.pdf", p.107. 41.783799 -79.282137 .
- Buckaloons marker 41.83568 -79.25740 Basis of location.
A famous Indian village at the junction of Brokenstraw Creek and the Allegheny...destroyed by Brodhead in 1779.
Warren County PA.
- Conover, George S., compiler Journals of the Military Expedition of Major General John Sullivan Against the Six Nations Indians in 1779.., Auburn NY: Knapp, Peck & Thomason, 1887, p.308, suggested by Elvin Birth.
... only two of my men & one of the Delaware
Indians (Narrowland) were wounded & so slightly that they are already recovered & fit
for action.—The next morning the Troops proceeded to Buchloons, where I ordered a
small Breastwork to be thrown up of felled Timber & fascines, ...
- Aug 1779 listing. 8/17/1779 Tioga (Athens)
- Aug 1779 listing. 8/11 - 9/14/1779 Brodhead's Expedition against the Indians. American victory.