Grave of Tarleton Brown.
Other names: Columbia Church Cemetery
Where: 33.1351522 -81.4312187, Grave of Tarleton Brown
Maps: [map notes]
- CBB: "Tarleton Brown, Boiling Springs Rd, Boiling Springs Community. SC Hwy Historical Marker. The grave of Tarleton Brown, militia officer, state representative and state senator is located here. He enlisted as a private in the SC militia in 1776, was commissioned a Lieutenant in 1778 and promoted to a Captain in 1780." From "Barnwell County Historic Churches,
Cemeteries & Markers"
- "The Patriarch" by Laura Bellinger Jones. Use conrol-f and search for "grave". Condition of grave is described in 1950, noting that a government marker had been erected. He is buried in the old Columbia Church Cemetery. The church no longer stands.
- The old Columbia Church Cemetery may be at
Boiling Springs is a small place and this is the only unidentified cemetery shown on the topo map.
- Baxley, SCAR. Search for tarleton brown. 9 returns.
- Sherman, "Calendar..." . Search for tarleton brown. 14 returns. To avoid long downloads, use option to "Save and view this PDF in Reader".
Confidence level: 4