Occupied by British from 1/29/1779 to 6/5/1781. "First seige" 9/12-18/1780. British victory. "Seige of Augusta" 5/22/1781-6/6/1781. American victory.
Where: 33.47551 -81.96097 Augusta
Maps: [map notes]
- Any date provided for Augusta will inevitably involve one or more of the related sites (see below): Hammond's Mill, Liberty Hill, McKay's Trading Post ("White House"), Fort Grierson and Fort Cornwallis. On this page, no effort has been made to separate the dates related to the specific sites. On their individual site pages, the intent is to make an effort to do so.
- Stephen J. Rauch, "An Ill-timed and Premature Insurrection" The First Siege at Augusta, Georgia September 14-18, 1780, Southern Campaigns of the American Revolution Newsletter, Lugoff SC: September 2005.
- "Siege of Augusta"
- Historical marker: Fort Augusta ~ Fort Cornwallis / St. Paul's Episcopal Church . 33° 28.531' N, 81° 57.658' W. Location basis.
- Norman Desmarais, "Chronological List of Battles, Actions and Skirmishes" . Also, see The Guide to the American Revolutionary War in the Deep South and on the Frontier.
Augusta, Georgia, January 29, 1779
Augusta, Georgia, February 3, 1779
White House*, Georgia, June 28, 1780
Fort Cornwallis, Georgia, September 14, 1780
Fort Grierson, Georgia, September 14, 1780
White House*, Georgia, September 14-18, 1780
Augusta, Georgia, September 14-18, 1780
Augusta, Georgia, May 22, 1781 to June 5, 1781
Fort Cornwallis, Georgia, June 5, 1781
Hammond's Mill, South Carolina, April 3, 1781
Fort Grierson, Georgia, May 24, 1781
McKay’s Trading Post, White House: Feb. 14, 1779
Weatherford's raid. March 9, 1782
* McKay's Trading Post see White House, Georgia
- Jan 1777 listing 1/29/1777 Augusta. Insufficient data.
- Jan 1779 listing 1/29/1779 Augusta, occupied by the British. American defeat.
- Feb 1779 listing 2/3/1779 Augusta. Insufficient data.
- Feb 1779 listing 2/14/1779 Augusta. Insufficient data.
- Sep 1780 listing 9/14 - 18/1780 Forts Grierson and Cornwallis (Augusta). American defeat.
- Sep 1780 listing 9/14 - 18/1780 McKay's (MacKays) Trading Post (White House), Augusta. American defeat.
- Sep 1780 listing 9/18/1780 Relief of Augusta. Insufficient data
- Apr 1781 listing 4/16 - 6/5/1781 Siege of Augusta. American victory.
McKay's Trading Post,